How do I sign in to MyOpinions?
You can sign in from almost any page on the site using the link located in the top left of each page.
Enter your email address, username or Membership ID in the first box and your password in the second box then click on the Sign In button.
Why can't I sign in?
There are a number of reasons why you may not be able to sign in. Here are some solutions to try:
- Make sure that you have not confused the letter "O" (oh) for the number "0" (zero) or vice versa in your email address, Membership ID, username or password.
- Check that you are using the correct email address. You may have signed up with your work email instead of your home email, or with a free email account such as Hotmail.
- Check that you are using the correct password. You may have changed it recently but forgotten.
- Contact MyOpinions with a detailed description of the problem.
Why don't I stay signed in?
If you can sign in successfully, but then when you click on to any other page you find you have been signed out again, this is usually a cookie problem.
Sometimes this occurs when more than one MyOpinions member uses the same computer to access MyOpinions. After the first member signs out, the second member may need to sign in twice or more before the problem is solved.
You should try the following steps:
- Ensure that cookies are enabled in your Web browser. If you are using a recent version of Internet Explorer, try this:
If you are using a different browser, see your browser's help pages for information on how to enable cookies from myopinions.com.au.
- Select Tools from the Internet Explorer menu;
- Select Internet Options;
- Click on the Privacy tab (3rd from the left);
- Click on the Sites button;
- Type in myopinions.com.au;
- Select Allow;
- Select OK;
- Select OK again.
- Delete all MyOpinions cookies from the cookies directory on your computer. In most versions of windows, go to C:\Windows\Cookies and delete anything to do with MyOpinions, such as email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If using Internet Explorer, make sure you have the latest upgraded version of Internet Explorer. If you do not have this software, you can download it for free.
- Ensure that your ISP, firewall or network security is not blocking access to MyOpinions.
What do I do if I forget my password?
Use the Forget Your Password feature to have password reset instructions sent to your email address.
Not sure which email address you signed up with? Try all of them.
If you don't receive the password reset email in your inbox, be sure to check your junk mail folder.
If all else fails, contact MyOpinions and explain the problem.
How do I sign in using my Facebook, Google or LinkedIn account?
Follow the prompts. If you have an existing MyOpinions account, you will need to sign in to that normally, and then link it to your social network account. You will also be prompted to authorise MyOpinions to connect with your social network account. When prompted, click the Connect or Allow Access button.
I am not yet a member of MyOpinions. Can I still sign in using my social network account?
Yes. Using Facebook, Google, or LinkedIn, you can become a member of MyOpinions and enjoy all the benefits, without all the hassle of remembering another username and password. You will, however, still need to supply MyOpinions with some basic details about yourself, including an active email address.
If I sign in using my social network account, does MyOpinions know my social network password?
No. The Facebook, Google, and LinkedIn systems allow you to sign in to MyOpinions using those accounts, but MyOpinions does not have access to your password from the linked account.
If my account is linked to my social network account, can I still sign in normally without using my social network?
Yes. When your MyOpinions account is linked to a social network account, you can choose how you sign in to MyOpinions. When signed in to that social network, you will automatically be signed in to MyOpinions. If you are not signed in to the social network, you may also sign in to MyOpinions using your normal MyOpinions username and password. You can choose and switch between the two methods as you wish.
Can I remove the link between my MyOpinions account and my Facebook, Google or LinkedIn account?
Yes, look in the Sign In Details page of the MyOpinions Account section. If your social network account is linked it will be shown here. By clicking on Remove and confirming the action, you can remove the link between your accounts. After you remove the link, you will need to sign in to MyOpinions using your MyOpinions username and password.
I joined MyOpinions using Facebook, Google or LinkedIn but now I want to sign in to MyOpinions normally. What is my MyOpinions password?
If you remove the link between your accounts, you can still access your MyOpinions account with a normal sign in. Before removing the link, you should ensure your registered email address is correct. Then you can reset your password using the Password Reset function.
Can I link my MyOpinions account to more than one social network account?
No, you can only connect your MyOpinions account to one social network account. You can connect to either Facebook, Google, or LinkedIn, but not more than one of these at any time. If you want to switch which social network account is linked, first you must remove the existing link from the Sign In Details page. Then sign out and return to the MyOpinions home page. Click on the button for the new social network you wish to use, and then you will be prompted by the new social network to authorise MyOpinions to connect and link your MyOpinions account.